Factoid #1: We see/sense/suspect less than 5% of the universe (yet guess/extrapolate/project/infer -- but not concur -- that the remaining 95% is composed of dark matter and dark energy). In other words, we are just scratching the surface on this, theories abound, the universe may have a detectable, provable starting point. But nothing comes from nothing, so where did the raw materials come from? Science still has some foggy areas.
Related song #1: Country songstress Patty Loveless opens her album When Fallen Angels Fly with the song Handful of Dust. The song is a meditation on the very small worth of the atoms and elements that comprise any human body and contends that it is the element of Love that adds the real worth to the human frame. Let's find out a bit more about the song.
Judging by the number of songs with the title Handful of Dust, we might conclude that many people agree that the physical aspect is not our true worth.
Glitch: soundcloud won't accept my ripped mp3 that I made from the original CD that I have. I guess I legally can't share an mp3 that I made from an audio CD that I own. Oh, well, follow the law and crisis contains opportunity and a better solution will emerge.
Hey! You can hear the song on Patty's website! Track #3!
Speaking of dust, the Mars Curiosity Land Rover has detected traces of water on Mars (go to 0:44 in this vid). It's amazing what can stay hidden underneath a hard packed, wind packed layer or layers of rusty red soil.
Books (book covers are clickable)
Books from the Sci side
Review from evolutionary psychologist angle
Shubin's book documents the search for and discovery of a fish whose fins are articulated or have more than one moveable parts or directions of movement.
This story of this fish's courage to look beyond the realm of water perhaps relates to the theme of the movie The Croods which I haven't seen yet.
It's like the frog at the bottom of the well. It's like the former inmate of the gulag concentration detention deletion camps in North Korea.
I came across an interesting analogy between this exploraphilic fish in a book by a famous rabbi,Adin Steinsaltz, Simple Words.
Growing spiritually means that I can do more with my mind than I could do before. Our amphibious creature has to make a declaration of independence, like freeing a slave. This creature has the freedom to move, and that freedom does not require anything extraordinary or unattainable or depend on any special holiness. Moving requires knowing that the possibility to move exists, finding out what one's abilities and capacity are, and renewing the relationship between body and spirit.
Books from the Psi side
NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE (NDE)
Dr. Eben Alexander
video intro http://video.answers.com/proof-of-heaven-by-eben-alexander-517687673
SPIRIT PENETRATES TO CELLULAR LEVEL
memory transference in organ transplant recipients
WORLD WITHOUT END OR BEGINNING? OR BIG BANG FROM A PROTON-SIZED EGG (?)
age of universe
age of universe